.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

TRA Artist Hospital Unveiling

TRA's popular gallery artist Laurel Pitynski had an artwork unveiling reception at the Children's Hospital downtown. Pitynski created an art installation for the cardiology lobby featuring four whimsical heart dyptichs of brightly colored paints and slick resin coating. The works hold symbolic meaning for Pitynski, who's daughter was a recent patient at the hospital. The new edition of artwork has drawn many eyes to the lobby and brightened up the interior space for waiting patients. The artist's donation is a wonderful holiday present for the hospital, that also hopes to build a healthy art collection geared at cheering up the children!


Doctor with Laurel Pitynski and family

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Laurel...I just want you to know that I truly appreciate the beauty and symbolism of your artwork at Children's Hospital. My son Ryan is a Wolff-Parkinson- White patient of Dr. Karpawich's and he just had the same procedure done as your daughter did. I am a cardiac nurse at St. John Detroit, and when I saw your artwork, I was amazed at the beauty of it...then I realized that it was my son's heart condition that was depicted in those beautiful panels. I know the worry that you must have gone through during your daughter's procedure, because my husband and I were feeling it too, but Dr. Karpawich fixed our son's condition also! Just wanted to share this with you....Nancy Keller

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home